Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Well today is my day off from work and I'm feeling unproductive. I need to do something, but I don't know what to do or where to start. I did manage to get my bathroom scrubbed down. I was totally embarrassed last night to come with company visiting and using our bathroom , that has gotten neglected for a bit. I spent my weekend baking instead of cleaning though. Imagine that.! Lately I'm finding baking bread and other things is quite fun and fulling. Makes me feel productive.  Considering cookies today I think.

The freezer didn't work out. It isn't going to be fixable. Really bummed about that.  Freezer is on the list of things to get in the future.

Sunday night we had tacos for dinner. I made the tortillas from scratch. Not so sure that I liked them. They were a bit on the heavy side and to thick. I used whole wheat white unbleached flour. That alone gave them a different texture than our favorite Mission tortillas. Olive oil instead of shortening or lard, so they were healthy, but different. The seasoning was recipe I found online that is just wonderful! I added some chopped onions and peppers also.Topped with organic sour cream and tillamook chedder cheese.  It was all good, but the tortillas will take work.

Monday night was Hamburgers. Nothing special. We used the home made buns I made on Sunday.

Tuesday Joe made dinner, baked chicken breast. I got free range chicken breast at Safeway on sale. Au gratin potatoes and green beans.

Tonight, I am planning crock pot beef stroganoff.
I'm contemplating making the egg noodles but my carple tunnel is saying no. I will steam broccoli, cauliflower and carrots for the side, top it with chedder. Just cause I don't care for the taste of cauliflower.

I got a wonderful package from my mother in the mail today, 3 cute little boxes of organic herbs, mint, oregano and rosemary. They smell wonderful.

I seem to be collecting all kinds of bottles and jars, anything I happen to think might be useful for something in the long run I set aside. Wish I could find money to do that with. It seems as if trying to save money by doing things my self is costing more, but at least it is safer and healthier for us.

I called one of the local places about getting grass fed beef. OMG it is so expensive. 85 pounds is $485. That is just way out of budget. I'm going to have to do some shopping around or maybe see if a few people would like to split on it.  This was at http://www.mckranch.com/.  I think if I were to organize a buying group of a few people and buy in bulk on some of the stuff it might be better and easy for us to get started.
So many thing can be bought cheaper online in bulk straight from the vendor than through stores if your buying in bulk.

Oh and I'm going to be running out of my favorite body wash soon, so I will be trying to make my own. I'm very excited about that. I would like to follow it with lotion if works out good.








No comments:

Post a Comment